HS2 Ltd is holding a series of eight free 'Work with us Wednesdays' webinars for businesses local to the line of the new railway.
Designed to help organisations understand more about HS2's supply chain, how it works, and how you can work with HS2, the webinars will be held on a weekly basis.
Experts will provide guidance on some of the platforms and processes that HS2 Ltd and its partners will use to bring businesses onboard. They will also highlight some of the key values and commitments that they are looking for from businesses interested in becoming part of the HS2 supply chain.
Each webinar will provide you with the opportunity to ask questions directly to members of the HS2 team.
- Wednesday 24 June 11am: Top tips on bidding for work - Procurement can sometimes be complex, so we’ll give you an overview of the HS2 process and top tips on how to make your bid stand out. Book >
- Wednesday 1 July 11am: An introduction to CompeteFor HS2 - Supply chain opportunities will be advertised using the CompeteFor online platform. This session will guide you through setting yourself up and getting the most out of it. Book >
- Wednesday 8 July 11am: Upskill with Supply Chain Sustainability School - Learn about the free online resources on offer to help develop your business and gain the skills and certifications that will help you to win work on projects like HS2. Book >
- Wednesday 15 July 11am: Understand why communities are important - Our aspiration is to be a good neighbour, focusing on putting engagement with communities at the heart of everything we do. Learn how this is reflected within our supply chain and what your business can do to demonstrate how you will help us to achieve this goal. Book >
- Wednesday 22 July 11am: Understand health & safety commitments - Hear how our priority of health and safety is reflected in the supply chain. Learn about HS2’s seven key areas of focus and discover how you can demonstrate your delivery of these in the context of working in the HS2 supply chain. Book >
- Wednesday 29 July 11am: Understand environmental commitments - We are looking to the supply chain for innovative approaches to help us further minimise our impact on the environment. Hear about some of the mitigation measures that our supply chain will need to demonstrate and how your business could stand out through eco-friendly innovations and activities. Book >
- Wednesday 5 August 11am: Understand equality, diversion & inclusion (EDI) commitments - Our aim is to create a high-performance environment that attracts and retains a diverse range of people. Hear about how this can bring benefits to your business, as well as HS2 and learn about how you can showcase and deliver on this commitment. Book >
- Wednesday 12 August 11am: Understand skills, education and employment commitments - HS2 is committed to opening up new opportunities for skills and employment in the UK. Businesses in our supply chain play a key part in this. Hear about some of the ways you can help us to deliver this ambition, through working with schools, supporting apprentices and upskilling the local workforce. Book >
Get on board with HS2
HS2 is a great opportunity for businesses local to the line of the new railway. There will be a wide range of opportunities suitable for businesses of all types and sizes over a number of years. HS2 Ltd will need local businesses to help it with the construction work, to keep its construction sites safe and operational, and to support its workforce.
You can find out more about how your business could get involved and the wide range of opportunities at: www.hs2.org.uk/local-business
If you have any further questions you can get in touch with the HS2 Business Engagement Team at email@example.com or 07407 279116