Worcestershire Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) is a public/private sector partnership responsible for driving economic and jobs growth together with new business opportunities across Worcestershire.
Having recently helped Worcestershire to achieve the highest growth in productivity and higher level workforce skills in the UK, Worcestershire LEP is now looking to appoint a determined and enthusiastic Non-Executive Director responsible for providing strategic vision and leadership, to help the WLEP achieve its objectives for the benefit of all in Worcestershire.
- Bring business ideas to ensure WLEP continues to drive leading economic development in Worcestershire
- Drive forward strategic direction for the LEP as it enters an exciting phase of delivering business growth programmes
- Oversee the implementation of Worcestershire’s Strategic Economic Plan and support work programmes ensuring these are delivered on time and all key outcomes are met
- Attend Board meetings on a bi-monthly basis
The LEP is looking for energetic Board Members who are CEOs, Directors or Entrepreneurs, possessing the following qualities:
- A passion for Worcestershire and working to the benefit of the county
- A clear strategic vision, excellent communication and leadership skills and a demonstrable understanding of economic growth drivers Significant experience of leadership within a successful business
- Well organised and well connected to business and other organisations
If you have the expertise, leadership and would like to play a key part in shaping the county’s future, please get in touch.
The closing date for applications is 10am on Friday 5 October 2018.
For a confidential discussion with recruitment partners GatenbySanderson, please contact Dawn Faulkner on 0121 644 5703 or Rachel Cox on 0113 205 6068.